“Our purpose is to use our gifts to improve the lives of others.”
We strive to create fair, conscious and sustainable fashion. The combination of sustainable production, while never losing an eye for beauty and trendiness, was the main reason for founding J-LAB3L. We love fashion, but we love our world in its entirety even more. We believe one should not disclose the other. We also believe that fashion is a great way to express yourself and to show your authentic style. When you feel good in what you wear, the world picks up on your energy and this will reflect back on you. With much love and passionate hard work we hope to make a step towards a better world.
WHO WE ARE
Judith and Janneke, a former lawyer and jurist, enthusiastically take justice to the next level. We’re both Dutchies and J-LAB3L’ s founders and designers. We have launched our fashion label and webshop in July 2018, exactly ten years after meeting eachother in Jakarta, Indonesia, for the first time during a vacation and we have been inseparable ever since. Our friendship and partnership constantly drives us to improve as human beings and entrepreneurs and we share a huge desire for justice and exploring our curiosity, which makes us so passionate about this. Judith and her family live in Jakarta and Janneke and her family live in Zwolle, The Netherlands, where she also works as a trendwatcher and stylist for a fashion company. We are both moms of two, aiming to raise our children to become independent, happy, free and conscious human beings. In the frame of ‘practice what you preach’, we decided to give our dream a chance by starting J-LAB3L, trying to make a positive difference in the world.
SUSTAINABILITY/ WHAT WE OFFER
1. We use eco-friendly fibers like GOTS certified cotton, Tencel®, FSC viscose or leftover fabric for our collections. We are continuously looking for the most sustainable options in sourcing our fabrics.
2. We produce our garments in a factory that secures fair working conditions and fair wages for the people who make our clothes. This factory is GOTS and SA 8000 certified and all fabrics are Oeko Tex certified. The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is a textile standard that has provided a uniform certification procedure in the production of eco-fashion since 2008.
3. We compensate for our carbon footprint caused by shipping our collections from India to The Netherlands by planting trees via the Dutch ‘Trees for All’ project.
4. We use recycled and biodegradable plastic and recycled cardboard for packaging and labeling our products.
5. Some pieces of our collection are linked to a social project in order to improve the environment or to improve the standard of living of people or animals. The product descriptions on our webshop show when a product is linked to a social project and what percentage of profits will be donated with every purchase.
1. Our aim is to follow the wishes and demands of our client base closely, resulting in minimized waste and leftover garments.
2. Our aim is to reduce our carbon footprint even further by also compensating for shipping from our storage in The Netherlands to your front door.
How to achieve all of this? If you would like to know more, please follow our Instagram account @J_LAB3L_consciousandfair. We will give you a frequent peek behind the scenes aiming to be as transparent as possible.